Much is said about pursuing a passion or finding purpose. SO much. And like most career coaches out there, I have my own take on it. But I’d never advise anybody to make an important decision based on one person’s perspective.
So, here you go – 7 helpful, diverse perspectives for you to choose from:
1. You have goals. You have vision. But do you know where they came from and – ahem – are you sure they’re yours? And gosh, I love the 5% rule.
2. If you’re in the mood for a sassier take on aligning with your passion, as in, don’t do shit just to please your parents (sorry, Mom) - this one is an all time favorite.
3. Maybe the issue isn’t finding your thing, maybe it’s choosing it. Here’s a take on owning your choices, and trusting them once and for all.
4. You don’t need to sell all your belongings and live off Ramen noodles to make a career of your passion and purpose. Keeping it real while living with heart is where it’s at.
5. Purpose vs. prestige. Ever the tussle, and forever will be. Here’s a super (and simple) secret formula to finding that sweet spot and avoiding the desire to jump off a cliff at 50.
6. And if what you’re really looking for is the meaning of it all (who isn’t?), George Lucas is simply elegant on this topic.
Ready to start your own business? Let's get going.