Ah, space. That lovely sounding thing that other people have.
Space to enjoy a cooking a meal.
Space to appreciate the sunny days.
Space to chat with a friend long enough that you degenerate into long, rambling musings that go nowhere.
Who are these people?
They must be either:
a) Unsuccessful, generally lazy, and going nowhere
b) Incredibly successful and rolling around in their ‘made it’ status, or
c) Independently wealthy
They’re definitely NOT working hard at a career, raising a family, and paying bills. Much less scraping by or playing hide-and-seek with their rude, annoying manager.
There’s a revolution afoot.
It’s a revolution of unusual standards.
It’s changing the world.
It changed my world.
And I want you to join me.
Here’s what it’s about: Success is what you define it to be.
Do you believe that success is a maxed out 401k? An expensive car? A fancy-sounding job? A closet full of clothes?
Do you believe success is having time to do what lights you up? A friend you can call at 3am? A home that expresses your creativity? A healthy, happy body?
You decide. There are no wrong answers. There are no right answers.
What you say success is, is.
Here’s my definition of success:
- Healthy, vibrant body + mind
- Daily connection to spirit + practices that keep that connection open
- Regular reminders that magic is
- Friends + family that know my goods and bads, and love me for it
- Friends + family that I know their goods and bads, and I love them for it
- Work that I want to do until I’m a wrinkled, wise lady
- Play time that lights me up and calms me down
- Regular down time with nothing to do. Nothing.
- A healthy, happy bank account that I’m comfortable with
- Plenty of adventure and travel – in a dose just right for me
What’s your definition of success?